What you need to know
While we find ourselves facing this pandemic, we want to assist those like you who would like to travel, keeping you informed on what you need to know to better organize and enjoy your holidays. Read on to stay updated on the spread of COVID-19 and what tools and resources can be used to deal with this situation.
Your health and your safety is our first property
Faq sealosophy covid-19
At Sealosophy we are thrilled to start diving again and open our resort for all our divers, snorkelers, students and professionals! Of course, this year will be different from the previous ones because of COVID-19. So, at Sealosophy, we will continue providing the best service possible by adjusting our protocols and taking measures to welcome our customers safely. At Sealosophy, we were already implementing high safety standards for shop and dive equipment cleaning procedures – which have now been enhanced due to COVID-19.
Both Verdura Resort and Sealosophy will follow the new guidelines presented by the Italian Government and the local regulations to minimize the risk of transmission. Moreover, at Sealosophy, we will follow the regulations created by the local coast guard and guidelines presented by Divers Alert Network (DAN). In addition, PADI Worldwide and PADI EMEA presented several webinars and documents with recommendations for dive centers and professionals to follow throughout their daily operations, which we will apply once we have reopened. will follow the new guidelines presented by the Italian Government and the local regulations to minimize the risk of transmission. Moreover, at Sea Spirit, we will follow the regulations created by the local coast guard and guidelines presented by Divers Alert Network (DAN). In addition, PADI Worldwide and PADI EMEA presented several webinars and documents with recommendations for dive centers and professionals to follow throughout their daily operations, which we will apply once we have reopened.
- We recommend to book in advance, so we can complete paperwork online and prepare you for scuba diving and snorkeling immediately when you arrive at Sealosophy
- We will also ask you fill out the ‘DAN Health Declaration Form: COVID-19’ form
- Only Sealosophy customers will be allowed to enter the dive center premises
- We will measure body temperature; if above 37,5 degrees, we have to deny access to the diving center
- When arriving at the office, we will remain outside as much as possible – it’s mostly great weather in Sicily so let’s enjoy the fresh air!
- We will respect the social distancing measures by maintaining minimum 1 meter between all customers and crew. On our boat we will take a maximum of 8 divers
- The crew will wear personal protective equipment (masks and gloves), according local regulations. Our customers will also be required to wear a mask.
- We will provide disinfectant soap and gels in our office and on our boats
- Our office, bus and boats will be disinfected on a regular basis
- We will ask you to take care of your personal belongings yourself
- Sealosophy will keep regulator second stages, masks and snorkels in separate bags and containers after cleaning
- It’s recommended to bring your own water bottle
- It’s recommended to pay by bank transfer or contactless card
Yes, it is safe to use our rental equipment. We will disinfect all of our equipment.
Former customers of Sealosophy know that we do this already on a daily basis and have buckets especially reserved for regulators and masks. The Sealosophy crew will disinfect the regulators, masks, snorkels. Then, they will be sealed in bags or containers so they remain disinfected. For regulators, masks and snorkels, we will remove the seals only just before we go diving or snorkeling. We will also disinfect the wetsuits and boots after each use and we’ll ensure ample space to let them dry separately from each other before they are returned to our ‘dry area’. Only the Sealosophy crew is allowed to enter the ‘dry area’ and they will always wear a mask and gloves when handling the rental equipment. The same precautions will be implemented when the crew is refilling tanks. Customers who will bring their own equipment will get the opportunity to rinse their own equipment with a water hose. For the wetsuit we will have ample space to let it dry after use.
Yes, we can still offer all PADI Courses, fun-diving for certified divers and snorkeling. Regarding the PADI Discover Scuba Diving and PADI Open Water Diver Course, if our dive professionals need to help at the surface, they will keep their regulators in at all times, mask on and gloves on. During briefings, we will maintain distance at all times. Also, while we are on the surface (exiting or entering the boat), we will keep an appropriate distance. We will give you a more detailed briefing about new practices upon entering the Sealosophy premises and prior to diving or snorkeling. It’s nothing difficult – just common sense.
During the PADI Courses we will integrate the new updated skills to minimize the risk of transmission, so when you are certified, you will be able to dive world-wide after being trained according to the latest updates. We will teach you for example about ‘buddy checks’, ‘gas sharing’ and ‘assembling your scuba unit’, all according the updated recommendations to minimize the risk of transmission.
the world of travel
Many nations are applying strict travel restrictions or bans and new measures are introduced daily. Here is a list of travel restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic. IATA (International Air Transport Association) also publishes a complete country by country list of travel restrictions due to COVID-19 English):
Most commercial airlines have reduced or suspended flights. In addition, many hotels, restaurants and attractions around the world have closed to avoid crowds. It is not yet known how long the travel restrictions will last; if you are thinking of planning a trip, check the cancellation policies before booking. The following resources can help